Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution implies depositing and/or sharing certain content on a server handled by a hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different goals, so let's explore these. Thus, you can determine what you want, depending on whether you wish to create a weblog, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by various vendors, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage services are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly unsuitable explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between independent stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a large quantity of pics with friends or partners since the solution is typically free. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to tackling your mail addresses. Some vendors offer website hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you want to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many videos as you would like without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email box accounts, upload video files, etc. At Macrocyber, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the common email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for particular web content solely.